Thank you for supporting Clarina!
Make a contribution below or purchase items from Clarina’s Amazon Wishlist
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Director of Advocacy Services
The Clarina Howard Nichols Center is seeking a full time/salaried Director of Advocacy Services to oversee the delivery of high quality, trauma-informed advocacy and case management services for survivors of domestic and sexual violence.
- Supervise a team of six advocates across three locations
- Supervise after-hours advocates providing remote hotline coverage
- Build/maintain positive relationships with community partners and represent the organization at community meetings
- Lead program/organizational improvement efforts
- Ensure compliance with program policies and best practices
- Oversee program budgets, compile data, and complete reports
- Ensure maintenance of the shelter facility
- Participate in an on-call rotation with other staff
Preferred qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field, prior domestic/sexual violence advocacy experience, 3+ years of supervisory experience, strong problem-solving and limit-setting skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team, commitment to upholding confidentiality, and experience with data collection and documenting work.
Competitive pay and benefits, including $60,000 annual salary, health insurance, paid time off, and a flexible schedule.
Clarina is committed to ensuring diversity among our staff and encourages applicants from marginalized communities and survivors of gender-based violence to apply.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Becky Gonyea via email to email@example.com or mail to Clarina Howard Nichols Center PO Box 517 Morrisville, VT 05661
Volunteering in our shelter, or in other direct service roles requires 20 hours of training. If you would like to volunteer or discuss other ways to get involved, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our business office at 802-888-2584.
Thank you for your interest!
OTHER WAYS YOU CAN HELP…
Speak Out – Find opportunities in your personal and professional life to stand up to domestic and sexual violence.
Volunteer Your Time – Clarina offers a variety of volunteer opportunities including:
- Direct service as an advocate or hotline volunteer;
- Specialized service based upon your skills including carpentry, fundraising, and marketing;
- Board or committee membership; and
- Assistance with office functions and special events.
Participate in our Advocacy Training – Increase your knowledge of domestic and sexual violence and the efforts to create a violence free community.
Make a Financial Contribution – Support the sustainability of the Clarina Howard Nichols Center.
Donate items – most needed items include:
- Shelter items – toilet paper, paper towels, dish washing pods, towels, and garbage bags, full size (not travel size) bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash, deodorant, disposable razors, hair brushes, night lights, and ground coffee
- Administrative items – postage and copy paper
- Gift Cards – food, gas, Staples